At Warner Music Group, we focus on our people.
Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate and creative people. Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute and grow. We believe in the worth of every individual and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of each member of the WMG team around the world to create a stimulating environment for artists, songwriters and the people behind music – at every stage of their careers. We strive to differentiate WMG by embracing innovation, which is an integral part of our business DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Director, Product Management & Marketing, WMG Catalog (Los Angeles)
A little about our team
There has never been a more exciting time to work in the catalog in the music industry. Thanks to new mobile and digital platforms as well as the renewed interest in physical formats, discovery is limitless and new generations of fans are listening to the best music ever recorded, regardless of its release date, as they please. Fans listen across genres and decades – a good song is a good song. Digital platforms make available the entire history of recorded music, and our job in the catalog is to ensure that our artists are in the best position to have their voices heard.
Warner Music Group is seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented Director to join our team in Product Management and Catalog Development. We are a tight-knit and successful group who oversee the catalogs of several hundred artists and are looking for another member of the team who can help us operate effectively, efficiently and creatively!
We specialize in esteemed Warner artists spanning genres ranging from soul, R&B, jazz and hip-hop to classic rock and pop.
Why this might be your next big break
The role of the Director, Product Management and Catalog Development is focused on developing catalog artists, overseeing the product pipeline and creating strategic assets to support marketing campaigns. In this role, you will develop an expert mastery of the catalog of Warner Music Group’s Recorded Music division, with a focus on artists from Atlantic, Elektra, Warner Records and Parlophone whose careers began over 20 years ago. year. You will work to increase artist exposure and generate revenue by identifying opportunities for reissues, anniversary albums, digital releases and creating marketing campaigns to support birthdays, tours and other market initiatives, by highlighting the opportunities for incremental growth, sharpening and best practice implementation on your roster and increasing internal awareness of the value of our artists’ catalogs in an “always active” market. This role reports to the SVP, Global Catalog Development and Marketing of Los Angeles.
Here you will come to
- Collaborate with SVP, Global Catalog Development and Marketing to develop and execute global campaigns and strategies for catalog priorities in Pop, Hip Hop, R&B, Dance / Electronic, Rock, Alternative, Hard Rock, Latin and Country genres.
- Become an expert on the history of each artist on your list and the genre landscape they occupy. This includes their overall brand, previous releases, marketing campaigns, social media presence, fan base consumption habits, graphics performance, and more.
- Identify opportunities, research trends, communicate and collaborate with other internal departments to move projects forward.
- Identify and execute A&R opportunities for new releases and relevant re-releases, including important anniversaries.
- Identify viral moments and create rapid marketing campaigns that quickly capitalize on such opportunities.
- Drive catalog marketing initiatives for active priority artists based on anniversaries and associated milestones throughout the artist’s career.
- Develop quarterly budget forecasts with SVP for upcoming priority projects.
- Create and provide regular updates to all interested parties, highlighting campaign performance and growth opportunities that align with our strategic goals.
- Look for new and current external partners for marketing and A&R opportunities in the catalog space.
- Run post-mortem analysis on catalog marketing initiatives to assess successes and failures, and continue to develop best practices for the future.
- Develop and create social content and digital marketing tools for use on social media and streaming platforms.
- Examine current consumption charts and reports to identify catalog opportunities and develop ideas to capitalize on them.
- Be prepared to challenge the status quo and understand the need to evolve traditional marketing techniques for the modern, ‘always on’ world.
- Possess strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Have experience using storytelling to present new ideas and achieve goals
- Possess strong project management and multitasking skills to bring new ideas to life in various departments
- Have strong teamwork, organizational and time management skills
- Possess an in-depth understanding of the modern digital landscape and the pop culture market
- Have experience in streaming analysis, sales and marketing
- Have experience producing or creating content and bringing content to market
- Have the experience and flexibility to work in many international time zones. Certain tasks and calls will be required outside of normal business hours.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- More than 5 years of marketing, product management and / or A&R experience in the music industry in various verticals of the music industry including record labels, record stores, management of artists, digital accounts, start-ups, music publishing, brand marketing and associated companies / fields.
- Experience in product management in the music industry
- Experience in creative strategy, leading internal and external marketing campaigns with partners such as Spotify, Apple, YouTube, Instagram and Facebook, TikTok, Snapchat, Twitter, Triller, Pandora, Soundcloud, etc.
- Are tech savvy with a deep understanding of current technologies and general market trends
With its large and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the music industry’s most well-known labels including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers with a catalog of over one million copyright worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been a leading force providing a range of world-class services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and businesses. Artist & Label Services unites WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering distribution and marketing network of WEA – and the Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the revolutionary global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Do you like this job and want to apply?
Click on the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all the information you put in your profile, but still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We take the time to review all resumes and find the best people for WMG.
Thank you for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here and think you will like it too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity workplace and will assess qualified candidates regardless of race, religious belief, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.