CHARLESTOWN, NEVIS, October 10, 2022 (NIA) — The following is an announcement from the Nevis Island Authority (NIA) Department of Tourism.
The Department of Tourism of the Island of Nevis Administration invites eligible persons to apply for the position of PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER.
The NIA Department of Tourism is currently seeking qualified individuals to apply for the position of Product Development Officer. The officer will work under the direct supervision of the Senior Product Development Officer. The individual will have direct supervision of key areas such as tourist transport (ground base and water taxis and taxi operators); taxi dispatchers (cruise/yacht visitor experience); and tourism industry relations training and capacity building as well as security and emergency response for the tourism sector.
Here are excerpts from the main responsibilities of the Product Development Manager role:
· Supervise tourist transport operations (minimum standards for taxis and coaches, licensing and inspection, dispatching). Supervise all senior officers who report to the above operations
Assist in the development and implementation of minimum standards for land and sea taxi operators and tour guides
Plan and coordinate annual training courses for taxi drivers focusing on (legislation, product awareness, policy enforcement, new taxi licenses, tours, etc. and any other areas as directed by the ministry in consultation with stakeholders
Develop an annual work plan for tourism transportation and all focus areas to be presented annually to PS (including timelines and budgets)
· Maintain a comprehensive taxi database and communicate changes to data to partner agencies. (Changes include new, retired and deceased operators).
· Liaise with allied agencies such as the Ministry of Finance, Department of Inland Revenue, Nevis Air and Seaports Authority and Royal St. Kitts and Nevis Police to coordinate matters related to transportation sightseeing
Work directly with industry stakeholders to investigate and mitigate issues related to taxis/dispatchers
Collaborate with the Policy Officer to ensure the development, updating and enforcement of taxi legislation
Develop new tours and attractions
o Assist the officer responsible for product diversification in the development of circuits and experiences according to various niches
o Liaise with stakeholders to determine new products that can be developed
Assist in the development and implementation of a contingency plan for the tourism sector
QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
A bachelor’s degree in tourism, hospitality, business, management, project management or other related fields
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
A minimum of five (5) years of supervisory experience
· Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in the tourism industry
· Must be mature, confidential and impartial; be able to establish and maintain positive working relationships; attention to detail, team player and positive attitude
· Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills; emotional intelligence
· Strong management skills (time management, multitasking, prioritization, reliable and proactive)
· Focused on customer service; be courteous and exhibit considerable levels of maturity
· Initiative, creativity, resourcefulness, self-motivation, analytical, problem-solving and negotiation skills
Computer skills: proficiency in Microsoft suite and social media programs
The pay scale for the Product Development Officer role is N33 – N38.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Candidates must send their letters of interest; Curriculum vitae; qualification certificates; and a completed job application form (only for external candidates: forms can be requested by e-mail) before October 18, 2022, to:
E-MAIL: Mr. John Hanley at [email protected] or
ADDRESS: Mr John Hanley, Permanent Secretary, Department of Tourism, Nevis Island Administration, 1st Floor, Social Security Building, Pinney Industrial Site.
CONTACT NUMBER: (869) 469-5521 extension 6443/6447.