Plano Town Center (31064), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Senior Associate, Product Management
Product management at Capital One is a booming and dynamic profession that requires reimagining the status quo, finding opportunities for value creation and driving innovative and sustainable customer experiences through technology.
We believe our business portfolio and investments in growth and transformation will result in a company with the size, brand, capabilities, talent and values to succeed as the digital revolution transforms our society. and our industry.
Do you dream of well-designed and intuitive products and customer experiences? Do you want to be the one to make the change to help tens of millions of customers make smarter financial choices? Do you want to change the way people manage their money? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then Product Management at Capital One may be right for you.
In this role, you will learn the basics of being a product manager, and we will invest in you to develop yourself in four key areas. :
- Human centered
- You will work with technical teams to establish comprehensive acceptance criteria, identifying and elevating any need for further research to define future feature design
- You will break down business epics into features and further into user stories, bringing your team down to the lowest effort or minimum viable product (MVP) for a valid feature test.
- Business oriented
- Demonstrating a growth mindset, you will effectively use hypothesis-based data assessment to ensure that your product or feature meets actual business needs.
- You will own and prioritize feature development roadmaps, ensuring all necessary processes and procedures are followed to manage risk
- Technology driven
- You will work autonomously in an agile environment, to conduct research and develop features that use new and evolving technologies
- You will collaborate with designers, technologists, data scientists and subject matter experts to create cutting-edge solutions to help customers
- You will provide well-managed product platforms to clients by seeking to understand technology trends and architecture strategy
- Transformational leadership
- By actively participating in horizontal forums, you will tap into a network of trusting relationships between technical teams, designers, key internal stakeholders and partner teams.
- You will articulate a succinct product roadmap to deliver business value and share it with stakeholders, improving your team’s bottom line and becoming a product expert
We want you if you are:
- Intellectually curious . You ask why, you explore, you aren’t afraid to blurt out your crazy idea or follow a chain of emails for weeks to find someone with an answer. Comfortable with ambiguity, a thirst for learning and a seeker of new challenges
- Communicator and influencer. You can communicate complex ideas clearly, regardless of your audience. Our team knows their priorities and why they are doing what they are doing. You can always rally associates to work with you
- Author. You are action-oriented, you try things and sometimes you fail. You can go around obstacles and stay focused on your goals. You are well organized, able to multitask and prioritize your work
- Passionate and customer focused . You care about making others grow and rallying them around what’s possible. You are passionate about construction and product shipping travel, and you have the desire and ability to connect with our external or internal clients to fully understand their needs.
- Learner. You have a desire to learn new things or new technologies while showing humility when it comes time to ask for help
- Team player. You enjoy working with diverse people and leading the team towards a common goal. You have the ability to put the team before you and build lasting relationships
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of product management experience or at least 1 year of product design, agile delivery, business analysis, data science or software engineering experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering
- At least one year translating a business strategy or analysis into digital products for consumers
- Over a year of experience on commodity platforms fueling digital experiences
- 1+ years of working with cross-functional teams as a product owner in an agile development process
At this time, Capital One will not be sponsoring a new Employment Authorization seeker for this position.
No agency please. Capital One is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider qualified applicants with a criminal history for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background investigations, including, to the extent applicable, Section 23-A of the Corrections Act. from New York ; San Francisco, California Police Code Section 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; the Philadelphia Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations relating to criminal background investigations.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position and you are in need of accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or by email to [email protected] All information you provide will be kept confidential and will only be used to the extent necessary to provide reasonable accommodation necessary.
For technical assistance or questions on the Capital One recruiting process, please email [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse, warrant or be responsible for any third party products, services, educational tools or other information available on this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the UK is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).