Sales and Product Development Coordinator – Thornlands (QLD) Australia
Sales and Product Development Coordinator
- Permanent full-time position
- Competitive salary
- Individual training and development programs
- Work for a market leader
The Lynch Group is recognized as the world leader in the research and development of flowers and pots. Our network of farms and our pool of internationally renowned industry experts ensure that our design standards parallel foreign trends and that we continue to be viewed as leaders in quality and innovation for flowers and the pots. From our humble beginnings in the early 1930s, until now having supplied Australia’s leading retailers with floral and potted products for over 40 years, we are proud of our rich history and the passion our team brings to all of our efforts. business divisions, to provide the highest quality and enhance product offerings to our customers.
What is involved
An exciting opportunity presented itself for a highly motivated and experienced person Sales and Product Development Coordinator to join our team. Based on our ‘Queensland Plants & Flowers’ site at Thornlands QLD, this varied role is a fantastic opportunity to learn about different aspects of the national and international horticulture / floriculture industry, use your passion for plants with your ability to lead and manage sales and in turn develop your skills and gain additional experience within a fantastic team.
The duties performed will include:
- Manage the account management process, transfer sales, and manage top external customers to increase sales.
- Build and promote strong and lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and gaining a detailed understanding of their needs.
- Communicate with the internal team on customer requests for new products – including concept, design and working in consultation with the operations supervisor for production testing and forecasting, costs and promotion.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all accounts receivable management matters.
- Develop new business with existing customers and / or identify areas for improvement to meet sales quotas.
- Plan, track and provide updates for key account operational metrics (e.g. weekly KPIs)
- Prepare monthly reports on the status of the account. for example. budget vs actual figures
- Collaborate with the Lynch sales team to identify new sales opportunities
- You have proven sales experience in a similar role – experience in the horticulture / floriculture industry in popular floral and potted consumer products.
- Willingness to follow current trends (especially outside of Europe) on value added products while working in collaboration with national product development teams.
- You are customer and sales oriented, goal oriented and results oriented.
- You have exceptional customer service skills and the ability to leave a lasting positive impression on our customers
- You are able to learn quickly and perform well in a fast paced environment
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- You are a “human person” and you thrive in a collaborative and team environment
- You are motivated and proactive, with great attention to detail
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office systems (Word, Excel, Outlook)
What do you need to do
Please submit a CV and cover letter clearly demonstrating your ability to flourish in this role to [email protected]
As part of our regular recruitment process, you will need to provide proof of your right to work in Australia.
Lynch Group is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills.