Location: Thornhill, ON, CA, L3T 7P9 OR Winnipeg, MB, CA, R3G 3H7
Company: AAC group of clubs
Based in our Toronto or Winnipeg head office, the role of the Product Development Specialist, Travel Products, is to support the sourcing, promotion, sales and optimization of AACthe range of travel products and associated partnerships. Working with many cross-functional groups and business systems, this individual draws on travel sales experience and in-depth knowledge of travel suppliers and products to maintain and improve AACtravel product collection. This role often involves resolving customer service issues and connecting external partners with internal business units with the goal of driving sales growth and customer value. AAC Membership.
Who we are
As the largest automotive association in Canada, we are passionate about the safety of our members whether they are on the road, at home or traveling abroad. Meeting the diverse needs of our two million members requires high-performing, forward-thinking and innovative people who work collaboratively to continue to propel our business forward. life at AAC Club Group is fast, performance driven and rewarding. We value the career growth and continued professional development of our associates and regularly recognize their outstanding achievements and results. AAC Club Group (CCG) is known for providing exceptional emergency roadside assistance to our automotive members and non-members. We work hard and play hard. We want to do what’s right and feel good.
The role of the Product Development Specialist, Travel Products, is to support the sourcing, promotion, sales and optimization of AACthe range of travel products and associated partnerships. Working with many cross-functional groups and business systems, this individual draws on travel sales experience and in-depth knowledge of travel suppliers and products to maintain and improve AACtravel product collection. This role often involves resolving customer service issues and connecting external partners with internal business units with the goal of driving sales growth and customer value. AAC Membership.
• Assist the Director in the development, marketing and general administration of travel programs and campaigns for sale across all channels including retail stores, call center and AAC CCG websites.
• Assist the Director in identifying gaps in the travel product offering, finding new product partners and making recommendations to the Director, Travel Products and Travel Technology.
• Under the direction of the Manager, Travel Product assists in the identification and optimization of relevant travel products (current and new) and services that add revenue to the organization and value to our members/customers.
• Responsible for ensuring AAC Vacations, Preferred Suppliers and AAC exclusive products remain a priority for frontline sales associates by planning and delivering training/webinars and supporting job aids.
• Work with Echannel to ensure product alignment for both website and on-site promotions to achieve sales targets.
• Identify store sales and member support opportunities using analytical skills and system data. Work with Manager and CX Management Team to fill gaps.
• Assist in the planning, coordination and execution of CCG internal and public events
• Using existing suppliers or seeking new partners, support the Manager, Travel Products in the development of new product lines, which meet market demand as recognized by GAP analysis.
• Support the continued development of new and existing member benefits and ensure AAC associates are provided with and have convenient access to vendor promotions and sales cheat sheets.
• Under the direction of the Director, Travel Products, work closely with CCG, CX and Marketing preferred partners to ensure directional selling is aligned with product strategy.
• Work with CX and Marketing to ensure accuracy of product offerings for various channels in accordance with partner agreements.
• Prepare and maintain regular sales reports for AAC suppliers or as needed to meet operational, marketing and business requirements.
• Assist the Manager, Travel Products in maintaining a high level working relationship with preferred travel partners.
• Participate in vendor presentations, product launches and after hours events.
• Work closely with the marketing department to support the understanding of AAC‘s Travel products and meeting marketing demands.
• Coordinate with marketing department to ensure effective deployment of travel product, including product sourcing, using templates to facilitate verification and liaise with partners to ensure accuracy of quotes.
• Under the supervision of the Director, Travel Products, select products and pricing for marketing tactics including but not limited to direct mail, website, emails, etc.
• Actively participate in collaborative team campaign update meetings, including participating in pre- and post-campaign analysis briefings.
• Update managers/stores on sales and campaign achievements for all travel products.
• Previous Travel Retail experience and in-depth knowledge of travel products, destinations and customer service (3+ years)
• TICO certified
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• Working knowledge of supplier relations, travel marketing and sales support.
• Familiarity with AAC supplier travel resources (including supplier online booking engines and promotion apps) and understanding the benefits of AAC products and services would be an asset
• Customer service experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Persons with Disabilities Act, 2005 Ontario (AODA) and the Manitoba Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Manitobans with Disabilities Act, 2013. (AMA). AAC CCG will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.