Product development manager
Work locations: United Kingdom
Type of position: Permanent full-time
Publication end date: 08/28/2022
The Product Development Manager will use innovative approaches to develop new auditing initiatives, protocols and models ensuring they meet relevant standards, audits and assessment criteria, creating a fresh look at how systems and procedures are used.
The role will work with the compliance team to ensure new development, review of existing protocols, functional compliance with auditing standards and health and safety systems, based on their decision regarding impartiality and technical compliance.
- Set purpose and develop new initiatives and protocols ensuring they meet relevant standards, audit and assessment criteria to meet the vision and mission of the Supplier Assurance team and the RSSB.
- Incorporate customer feedback into the development process.
- Develop a results-driven roadmap for delivery for the client and subcontractors as well as for the delivery team.
- Demonstrate demand and future product KPIs through effective metrics and contribute data insights.
- Ensure that training or development is available and delivered, to enable product launch for both internal and external users.
- Feedback and contribution to the creation, delivery and evolution of insurance product strategy.
- Make sure line of business owners have evaluated all options and agreed on outcomes that deliver value for them and their customers.
- Identification of the appropriate skills and resources to develop the product and then deliver the result into the business and their inclusion in the forecast.
- Interface with the Project Management Office to ensure correct governance, assurance and reporting is followed at all times.
- Liaise constantly and proactively with project management to ensure that decision-making processes and updates are conducted in the most efficient manner.
- Management of contractors and internal resources through the RSSB.
- During product development, ensure that training and/or recruitment of resources into the delivery team is planned and scheduled.
- The forecast works in projects and determines the handover point in the business area forecast.
- Manage information, advice and guidance developed to support the product, including appropriate team members, and make it available to program and industry buyers and suppliers on a day-to-day basis.
- Represent RSSB and insurance plans at client meetings and at client events.
- Ensure sub-contractors adhere to agreed standards.
- Proven track record of developing and delivering a portfolio of products with a revenue value of £3 million or more.
- Significant direct experience with infrastructure managers.
- Thorough knowledge of railway, infrastructure or construction processes and standards.
- Master’s degree and/or equivalent relevant qualifications.
- Working knowledge of UK rail, infrastructure or construction insurance schemes.
- Product development and delivery experience.
- Experience managing external contracts, vendors and teams in a matrix environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work in a team or in isolation.
- Manage and prioritize own workload.
- Attention to detail.
- Effective computer skills.
- A commitment to RSSB values and customer service.
- Willing to travel – National coverage.
- Diploma in Coaching and Mentoring.
Early applications are encouraged, as we may close this position before the advertised deadline if a sufficient number of applications are received.