Are you an enthusiastic and driven individual with experience in the development and strategy of open access publications and their marketing?
Salary: £48,680 (slice C, point 1)
Contract: Full time, permanent
Work boss: Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Site: London, within walking distance of Angel and Old Street tube stations
Closing Date: Thursday, February 17, 2022
Date of interview: To confirm
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual with experience in the development and strategy of open access publications and their marketing.
You will stand in for the Publishing Director in internal meetings and external events as needed. This is a great opportunity for someone looking for an interesting and varied editorial role to be part of an experienced publishing team.
About the role
Reporting to the Editorial Director, the Product Development Manager will be responsible for managing the editorial office function of its journals and developing a practitioner-focused content platform, but will also work closely with the rest of the publications team.
The main tasks will include:
- Regularly monitor and report progress against business plan KPIs on newly launched publications
- Recruit new member organizations for Applied Ecology Resources
- Manage the work of associate editors on the peer review process
- Maintain monitoring of journal turnaround times
- Management and approval of all journal marketing initiatives
- Support the Managing Editor in managing the overall publishing team, including deputizing for the Managing Editor at internal meetings as needed
- Support, contribute and drive the strategic development of journals
- Prepare, manage and monitor individual journal budgets, making the best use of resources to achieve the required results on time and within budget
The successful candidate will be part of a larger team seeking to excite and inspire our diverse audiences in ecology at a time when our science has never been more relevant to society. You will be based in the BES offices in central London.
A full job description is available here.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof that they have the right to live and work in the UK. BES is unable to provide visa sponsorship.
Do you like what we stand for?
Support our mission and help develop the next generation of environmentalists by donating to the British Ecological Society.
Make a donation