BENSON TRADING – Product development assistant
Do you want to be part of the team that makes Australia’s most popular presentation bags?
Hello, we are Bensons, a display bag and toy company with a simple mission: to make the world fun. Our family business is proudly built with this ethos, and our products and brands can be found in family homes across Australia and in many cases…the world (Yes! We’re a big deal????).
At Bensons, we’ve earned our stripes as one of the most innovative companies in the industry. From product development to distribution, marketing and sales, you’ll always see our name in the spotlight as a maker of smart, creative and FUN toys, display bags and other cool products.
But enough about us, let’s talk about you. We are looking for a creative and enthusiastic individual to join our Showbags Product Development team as a Product Development Assistant. As the pivotal link between buyer and supplier, you will be responsible for sending accurate information in a clear and concise manner to internal and external stakeholders and ensuring that production is completed in a timely manner. Your primary areas of interest will be assisting with production and shipping schedules, sample approval and sample coordination for our products. If you’re obsessed with pop culture and big global brands like Pokémon, Bluey, Barbie, Cadbury and want to be part of the team that makes the world’s most popular showbags, this could be your new role.
Reporting to the Head of Product Design and Marketing, you will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties and responsibilities.
- Support the design team in the creation of showbags and products for licensed brands and generic products.
- Reviewing print proofs, liaising with vendors at various stages of approval processes and producing samples.
- Assist with product approvals and production. Including setting deadlines, tracking overdue samples, answering questions from suppliers and brand owners, and the ability to communicate the status of a product in the product life cycle.
- Meet tight timelines and deadlines for product approvals and problem solving on the go.
- Manage orders, artwork files, and Bensons point of sale requirements, including but not limited to design, grading, final art, liaising with trade show organizers, customers and suppliers.
- Liaise regularly with suppliers regarding samples, testing, QA approvals, QC inspections, etc.
- Coordinate products for web and catalog photography.
You may also be required to:
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Product teams in the execution of campaigns and the creation of social media content,
- Upload product content to various websites and programs,
- Assist in conducting photo shoots, retouch, edit and work with third party photographers as needed
- Assist in filming, editing and creating video content as required.
- Support the marketing department with general marketing assistant duties as needed.
- Assistance in the preparation of events.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail along with an ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Competent abilities in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Confidence and ability to communicate with many different stakeholders, from licensing teams globally, to overseas production plants and internal management team.
- Basic knowledge of product specifications and measurements.
- Skills in Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator and Photoshop, are highly valued but not essential.
- Creative skills that will engage our consumers with fun content, EDMS and web design, as well as the ability to work with licensed guides, style guides.
- Excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively within a tight-knit team
We are committed to personal and professional development, which is supported by a constantly growing and expanding structure. We believe that our employees deserve the best space for their best work and to support this we provide:
- Secure parking on site.
- The head office is located 20 minutes from the CBD of Melbourne in Derrimut. (We are right next to Lululemon, Aldi, Bulla and Asahi).
- Staff discounts on all showbags and products.
- Cool open plan office – I mean we play with toys ALL DAY!
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and CV outlining your skills and experience relevant to the position. We’re a fun company, so surprise us with your creativity.
For more information about our company, please visit www.showbags.com.au, www.littletikes.com.au, www.bensontrading.com.au
We look forward to welcoming you to Bensons Trading.