West Creek 2 (12072), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Manager, Product Management – Customer Resilience
Product management at Capital One is a growing and dynamic business that requires reinventing the status quo, finding opportunities to create value, and driving innovative and sustainable customer experiences through technology.
We are confident that our portfolio of companies and our investments in growth and transformation will result in a company with the scale, brand, capabilities, talent and values needed to succeed as the digital revolution transforms our society and our industry.
Do you dream of well-designed and intuitive products and customer experiences? Do you want to be the one driving change to help tens of millions of customers make smarter financial choices? Want to change the way people manage their money? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then Product Management at Capital One may be right for you.
In this role, you will need to demonstrate your competence in four key areas
- You will define clear and actionable problem statements to help teams achieve results while displaying a comprehensive understanding of iterative software delivery capable of preparing thinly sliced MVPs.
- You will leverage customer insights to influence roadmap feature priorities and development while advocating and fostering alignment among stakeholders in the development of acceptance criteria.
- You will be obsessed with UX/UI patterns and seek to create world-class omnichannel experiences
- business oriented
- You will own and prioritize the short-term product roadmap to achieve business results, quickly identifying leverage points in complex problems or systems and effectively using data to define success metrics and measurable results.
- You will use balanced judgment in decisions about the risks of actions taken and not taken while innovating on ways to iterate faster and in a well-managed manner for the immediate team.
- Technology driven
- You will understand and leverage the technology and end-state architecture vision to partner with the technology team to make comprehensive design decisions from technical white space issues.
- You will share the business strategy and roadmap with technical partners to establish context while leading and facilitating agile ceremonies alongside the technical lead.
- You’ll deliver value by building reusable, scalable, and resilient capabilities and proactively identify opportunities when key security, resiliency, and performance metrics aren’t working.
- Transformational leadership
- You will develop and communicate a 6-month vision to senior stakeholders and partner teams with accurate detail and transparency on risks and roadblocks, and proactively build relationships with people outside of your immediate team, which will drive a horizontal influence.
- You will contribute to team culture and recruitment by leading activities to attract and retain top talent and by coaching and developing junior product associates
As a Product Manager within the Customer Resiliency team, you:
- Will lead the work, moving from concepts to prototypes and from prototypes to scalable solutions – shaping the overall card customer experience and enabling Capital One’s platform ecosystem by seeking and applying insights from platforms – shapes, applications and dependent segments
- Have experience working in cross-functional product teams to deliver a consumer-focused product
- Are experienced in human-centered product discovery methods such as design thinking and service design
- Bring a mix of strategic and tactical thinking, creative and analytical thinking. Strong quantitative background to support data-driven decision-making combined with creative and original thinking and a problem-solving approach
- Experience in setting strategy, creating advocacy/alignment and accountability for results – with a deep understanding of how technology works and how it can be leveraged to solve problems
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships, navigate and influence the organization
- Join a team and lead it, delivering best-in-class products – working hand-in-hand with the development teams who are your solution and delivery partners, while bringing the roadmap to life and to the value
- Experience weaving user benefits, business strategy, and technology into a comprehensive platform capability strategy (strategy, execution plan, success metrics)
- Have the ability to work closely with architects, designers and engineers to create platform products
- Are adept at applying Agile development philosophy and practices to deliver high-level transparency, efficiency, and delivery flexibility
- Tell an amazing story! Evangelize value, effective executive summaries, and strong communication throughout the product process to move a project forward
We want you if you are:
- intellectually curious . You ask why, you explore, you’re not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea or follow an email chain for weeks to find someone with an answer. Comfortable with ambiguity, a thirst for learning and a seeker of new challenges.
- Communicator & Influencer. You can communicate complex ideas clearly, regardless of your audience. Our team knows their priorities and why they do what they do. You can always rally associates to work with you.
- Author. You have a penchant for action, you try things and sometimes you fail. You can bypass obstacles and stay focused on your goals. You are well organized, able to multitask and prioritize your work.
- Passionate and Customer Focused . You care about growing others and bringing them together around what is possible. You are passionate about the journey of building and shipping products, and you have the desire and ability to connect with our external or internal customers to fully understand their needs.
- Learner. You want to learn new things or new technologies while showing humility when the time comes to ask for help.
- Team player. You enjoy working with diverse people and leading the team towards a common goal. You have the ability to put the team before yourself and build lasting relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in product management or at least 3 years of experience in product design, agile delivery, business analysis, data science or software engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Masters
- 2+ years of Agile product management experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor new employment authorization applicants for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background investigations, including, to the extent applicable, Section 23-A of the Corrections Act from New York ; San Francisco, California Police Code, Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background investigations.
If you have visited our website looking for information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you are in need of accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or by email to [email protected] All information you provide will be kept confidential and will only be used to the extent necessary to provide the necessary reasonable accommodations.
For technical assistance or questions about the Capital One recruiting process, please email [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse or warrant, and is not responsible for any third party products, services, educational tools or other information available on this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any job posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any job posted in the UK is for Capital One Europe and any job posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).