As a Product Design Manager, you will lead our CNBC design team and define, design and develop our portfolio of cross-platform trade information products to serve clients and provide financial market coverage and real-time trading content. free and by subscription.
- Several agile teams
- Lead a passionate, consumer-centric team to create and evolve the CNBC digital subscription products that serve millions of CNBC customers.
- Channel CNBC’s larger design vision and articulate product design strategy through visual storytelling and artifacts.
- Be the consumer advocate in cross-functional discussions.
- Contribute meaningfully to team goal planning to help drive a consumer-centric product vision.
- Be a primary contributor and / or co-facilitator in product discovery.
- Develop your expertise and stay up to date on customer needs and behaviors as they apply to subscriptions, working with customer experience and research teams.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the subscriber, data, business and industry
- Inform the design with qualitative and quantitative data
- Work closely with peers from the Agile Engineering, Product and Project team in the design and development process.
- Evolve and integrate the CNBC design system
- Create artifacts including, but not limited to, user journeys, flows, wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs
- Facilitate the ideation of the design
- Use design skills to gather ideas and input from internal stakeholders
- Create low to high fidelity designs as needed in the product development process to conduct reviews and gain buy-in for ideas.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including research, writing, marketing, dissemination, advertising, business development and others
- Collaborate with peer designers and their teams to share learning, leverage shared efforts and ensure a quality multiplatform experience
Qualities / Requirements:
• 7+ years of experience as a product designer with
positive results for digital products reaching
millions of users.
• 2+ years of experience as a successful manager
customer-centric and data-driven product designers.
• Full-stack product designer who uses a data-based system,
human-centered approach to product design and
• Have extensive experience in developing or contributing
in design systems
• Use UX research to support design decisions.
• A customer advocate who uses human-centered thinking
and empathy to understand customer needs and create
solutions for them
• Exceptional presentation and visual communication skills
• Excellent storytelling skills with a focus on data
• You like working in a versatile and agile team
environment, in partnership with peers in engineering and
product to create those moments and solutions a-ha.
• Experience in media, news or technology / Internet
• Experience with product discovery, Design Thinking,
If this sounds like you and you are excited to work with great people and the global business leader, we would love to meet you! If you are interested, send us a curriculum vitae and a link to your portfolio.
Note: This position is based in our spacious and modern CNBC offices on the river in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, with its on-site cafeteria, masseuse, shoe shine, dry cleaning and full complimentary fitness center . New Yorkers, don’t panic – a convenient, free shuttle is available from points throughout the New York metro area!
• Bring your innovative spirit to find better ways to
work, collaborate and find efficiency gains (for
and external users).
• Experience or interest in finance, investment,
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies developing, producing and marketing entertainment, news and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of information and entertainment television networks, a leading film company, major television production operations, a group of leading television stations and world-renowned theme parks . It is the policy of NBCUniversal and the affiliates of NBCUniversal to consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
With CNBC in the United States, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East, Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized global leader in business news and provides real-time coverage of financial and financial markets. business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide. , including more than 100 million homes in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million homes across China. The network’s 15 hours of live commercial programming in North America (weekdays 4:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC’s world headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, and includes reports from the CNBC News offices of whole world. At night, CNBC Prime is an entertainment network with a lineup that is an extension of CNBC’s separate brand. CNBC’s hit series are produced exclusively for CNBC, along with a number of signature in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has an extensive portfolio of digital products that deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium integrated desktop / mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC’s global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products, including CNBC’s real-time iPhone and iPad apps.
It is NBCUniversal’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, age , national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in uniformed services, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider qualified applicants with a criminal history for employment in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance For Hiring Order, where applicable.