At Software for Good, we bring people and technology together to solve complex global issues like climate change, housing, healthcare, human rights, renewable energy and education. And we are recruiting!
Software for Good is a fully remote digital agency founded in Minneapolis, and we develop web and mobile applications for clients including social enterprises, nonprofits, startups, and educational and government entities. We are looking for a Director of Product Strategy who is ready to be fully engaged in leading the team in creating, designing and building inclusive and ethical technology that has a positive social impact. The ideal candidate is a strategic collaborator, able to defend and defend a creative vision, to experiment with new technologies and to be attentive to the impact of technology and the prejudices of the people who create it.
Software for Good is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome people from all communities and identities. We strive to include people from under-represented backgrounds and would love to know what specific talents and perspectives you could bring to our team and our work.
The ideal member of our team is adept at communicating with clients and colleagues, and is a confident leader committed to creating great digital products. As a member of the leadership team, you will lead and champion product design and strategy efforts on customer projects, and be the voice of customer experience.
We are looking for someone with:
• More than 10 years of experience in UX, product or design.
• More than 5 years of experience in managing UX / product design teams.
• Strong knowledge of UX: wireframes, prototypes, interaction design, information architecture, content strategy, usability, accessibility, research and architecture.
• A strong portfolio of innovative, customer-centric design work that demonstrates mastery of interaction and visual design.
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Experience in building relationships and partnerships that extend outside the organization.
• Masterful time management, organizational skills and executive capacity.
• Demonstrated awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of people and stakeholders from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
• Entrepreneurial spirit: able to deal with ambiguity and ready to wear many different hats to get the job done.
Ideal candidates should have skills and experience in the following areas:
• Direction: Develop, coach and mentor a strong team of product owners, managers and designers; providing insightful, motivating and constructive feedback to all team roles, while fostering a strong design culture and a highly creative environment for people to thrive.
• Design Thinking: Develop products with an emphasis on empathy first, technology second; conduct discovery, research and design with a human-centered approach to testing and learning.
• Empathy: Understand the needs, weaknesses and motivations of people using the software and advocate for solutions from this perspective.
• Systems thinking: Take a whole systems approach to designing and creating product experiences in a way that connects emotionally, drives engagement, and adapts to new and changing needs.
• Opinion leadership: Recognized in the Human-Centered Design & Design Thinking spaces. Comfortable presenting key learnings at conferences. Networks within the industry to recruit new talent and new client partnerships.
• Collaboration & culture: Demonstrates excellent collaborative and people management skills as this role will work across many aspects of the business to realize the compelling vision created. Able to communicate design concepts clearly and persuasively within the company and with customers, give clear product direction and be kind and collaborative in giving and receiving feedback.
Wondering if Software for Good is right for you? We believe we have a lot to offer:
• The chance to work on engaging projects that you can feel good about
• A fully remote team open to working with employees beyond our home base in Minneapolis
• Flexible schedule with standard core team hours and the ability to work when you are most productive
• 40 hour work week (for real)
• Unlimited PTO, which you will be encouraged to take
• 401k and correspondence
• Medical and dental coverage for you and your family
• Family-friendly policies, including fully paid parental leave
• Education and training budget
• Home office installation budget (including provision of devices to meet user needs and preferences)
• Bonus potential depending on the performance of the company
• A bunch of other great work / home perks that don’t fit perfectly in a bulleted list
The values of the Software for Good company are:
• Open and honest communication
• Hold ourselves and others accountable for high integrity work
• High quality of life for employees
• Social justice and inclusion
Salary range: from $ 150,000
Note: For payment and tax reasons, employees must be based and licensed to work in the United States.