We are on a mission
Increasing housing supply remains a major challenge in US cities, and the fragmented nature of the real estate sector has resisted large-scale innovation. Juno is a real estate startup radically rethinking how homes and apartments are designed, built and developed. Through a productized approach to grassroots development, we bring new precision, speed, and sustainability to our projects and open up new opportunities to bring healthier, forward-thinking housing to America’s cities at scale.
Juno takes on challenges in architecture, industrial design, manufacturing, supply chain optimization, property management, community development and finance.
While our outer goal is to enrich people’s lives by providing a better home for the world, our inner goal remains equally ambitious. Juno is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where people from all walks of life feel deeply and genuinely welcome. Thanks for thinking of us as you think about your next chapter. If there are any preparations we can make to help you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
The Juno Product Design Director sets product design direction and oversees design research and development for all Juno components and design build systems, ensuring strong integration between the Juno user experience, design quality and cost objectives. Additionally, the Director of Product Design oversees the creation and maintenance of the Juno Design Standards and Registration Plan.
Areas of intervention :
- Build the Juno Product Design team. Build a culture around our mission and the urgency to tackle it.
- Lead the development of innovative and industry disruptive solutions to create efficiencies in Juno product delivery.
- Develop Juno components by balancing design quality, technical innovation, durability, and cost goals.
- Lead and maintain the development of Juno design standards
- Oversee sustainability initiatives for the Juno system to track both operational and embodied carbon to key industry thresholds.
- Manage internal and external design and engineering resources through the initiative’s design milestones.
- Oversee the management of a diverse team of design professionals, including drafting RFPs and consulting contracts for Juno Initiatives.
- Oversee and interpret national building codes, incorporating comprehensive design solutions to comply with local and regional laws.
- Oversee the production management of all phases of the initiative’s design documentation.
- Manage the production of presentation plans and renderings (as needed)
- Coordinate with the Juno project technical design and calculation team in applying the prototype component library and identifying unique project components
- Review and comment on pre-construction initiative estimates and schedules
- Manage the internal Juno Design Initiative Gate process.
- Organize, update and archive all initiative documentation.
What we look for in a teammate:
- You have over 10 years of architectural design and design management experience. Expertise in implementing programmatic initiatives an asset
- You have built teams around you and inspired those you manage to exceed expectations and enjoy the experience
- You have experience with component-based design, offsite fabrication and project delivery
- Worked on basic projects that vary in scale and complexity – experience at height is a plus
- Although not required, having a master’s degree in architecture is an advantage, a professional degree in architecture is a must
- You have a working knowledge of BIM systems for the production of drawings
- You have managed and grown teams and are driven to help your teams be as successful as possible
- You have demonstrated a passion for continuous improvement, including product and process development
- You have demonstrated proven verbal and graphic presentation skills
- You enjoy contributing independently and managing others
- You are highly skilled in providing clear and concise feedback for presentations, design packages and drawing sets
- Your mission is aligned with the belief that people deserve a quality life experience at affordable prices
Reasons to love being part of the Juno team:
- Unique opportunity to join an innovative, mission-driven start-up positioned for growth
- Work with a smart, warm and dedicated team to solve tough problems
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance
- flexible work
- Unlimited and flexible PTO
- Home office allowance
- Company sponsored gatherings
Juno encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, gender, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, and ages, as well as veterans and people with disabilities.
Learn more about us on juno.co and on Medium.