DEVELOPMENT EDITOR / PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Who we are: It all starts with a goal.
The ADA is a goal-oriented, nonprofit organization with a vibrant staff culture.
With a meaningful purpose, motivated staff and great benefits, working here is sure to put a smile on your face! ADA Headquarters is located steps from Chicago’s Magnificent Mile and close to public transportation. With more than 400 colleagues, the ADA staff is among the most talented people in the Chicago, Washington DC and Maryland area.
We have been named a Best Workplace by the Chicago Tribune in 2019 and 2021! Come join our team!
The Development Editor/Product Development Manager will manage product offerings including books, e-books, print brochures, apps and short educational videos for professional resources and patient education materials. This position has a direct impact on the profitability of the product development and sales strategy department. This position will incorporate key management skills such as project management, editorial oversight and editing, product development, market research and strategy, financial analysis, inventory management and relationship management. Projects will include new ideas, concepts and products as well as revisions to some existing materials as needed. Will work with e-books, association management software for e-commerce product setup and production inventory, print and reprint needs.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in product development and implementation, developing print and/or digital products and contributing to marketing materials and promotional texts.
- Must have an excellent understanding and execution of the development of books, e-books and patient education materials.
- Writing and editing; Financial direction; project management, relationship management (e.g. suppliers as well as internal and external stakeholders), information analysis, creative thinking and leadership skills are essential.
- Knowledge of graphic editing and design and basic print and e-book production processes.
- Must have been successful in setting goals, prioritizing and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of large databases (Aptify, CRM, LMS, etc.).
- Occasional evening and weekend work, and travel to attend meetings or conferences.
Good to have:
- Editing experience
- Knowledge of dentistry, dental market or healthcare environments
- Experience in market research, copywriting, graphic design or art direction skills
- Experience working with an association or similar group of constituents
- Experience developing business plans and using an electronic catalog and e-commerce
Some of the benefits offered to employees:
- Promotes work/life balance
- Hybrid work schedule
- Health insurance
- Dental Reimbursement Plan
- Lots of paid vacation
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid parental leave
- pet insurance
- Student Loan Refinance
- 2 days off to work at a charity event of your choice
The American Dental Association is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, gender stereotyping, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. The American Dental Association is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Disabled Persons