PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The Discover Dominica Authority (DDA) requires a suitably qualified professional to fill the position of Product Development Manager.
Under the direction of the Product Promotion Manager, the Product Development Manager (PDE) leads the development and implementation of the product development plan/activities, guides the development of promotional materials for product markets niche and maintains productive communications and relationships with key tourism industry. stakeholders.
- Product development: Develops, leads and implements product development methodology that will result in recommendations and implementation of new product offerings. The PDE is responsible for driving the manufacturing process, ensuring that projects are implemented as planned.
- Market research and monitoring: Undertakes market research and market intelligence to include surveys and other external data collection strategies to determine consumer needs and preferences and emerging trends in the industry and use these to guide decision making of decision. Plans and executes tourism education programs and tourism sector development programs.
- Marketing implementation: Works in collaboration with the Marketing team to maintain the marketing needs required for product development.
- Industry Relations: Develops and implements communication strategies for lasting relationships with tourism stakeholders and provides information to stakeholders to develop awareness of market potential and marketing opportunities among members of the Dominican tourism industry.
Education/training and experience:
- Applicants should have relevant degree-level qualifications in tourism and destination management, marketing, public relations or a business-related field.
- Certification in product development would be an asset.
- A minimum of five years of work experience in tourism product development and/or other areas of the tourism industry.
- Good understanding of the needs of the tourism sector; including health and wellness and community tourism
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- High level of competence in the use of information and communication technologies
- Good understanding of business principles and the business environment in which DDA operates.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and experience interacting with senior level executives and
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks and
The position is to be filled on a contractual basis, subject to renewal by decision of the Board of Directors.
Application Process and Timeline:
Indicate your interest by sending your cover letter, your curriculum vitae and three (3) references in sealed envelopes, marked Product Development Manager Job Applicationand addressed to:
The CEO/Director of Tourism
Discover the Authority of Dominica
Ground Floor and 1st Floor, 5-7 Great Marlborough Street Roseau, Dominica
Email: [email protected]
The deadline for receipt of applications is December 16, 2022.